This website complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by avoiding to collect personal data wherever possible. It will only store your personal data when you leave a comment on an article.
You will find the definition of the terms used (e.g. “personal data”) in Article 4 of GDPR.
This website collects some general data for each website request and saves them as server log files. The following data will be stored:
- Website visited
- Date and time of the visit
- The amount of data sent as response
- Website that you came from (so-called referrer)
- Name and version of the browser used
- Name and version of the operating system
- A partial Internet Protocol address (IP address)
This data is stored for security reasons, in order to detect and prevent cyberattacks. Also, it is being analyzed statistically in order to improve this website. The anonymous data of the server log files is stored separately from all personal data provided.
The email address provided will only be used to send a notification if a reply is added as part of the moderation process. The email address is always removed permanently after moderation, regardless of whether the comment is published.
In order to exercise your rights you can send a request, using any means of contact listed in the Legal Notice. You have the following rights:
- Right of confirmation, you can request confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed.
- Right of access, you can request a copy any personal data stored concerning you.
- Right to rectification, you can request the correction of any wrong information stored about you.
- Right to erasure, you can request any personal data concerning you to be deleted.
- Right to object, you can object to processing of your personal data at any time.